Edinburgh City Break
4 days/3 nights
Fun, Culture, History
This program may be operated for individuals or for groups
This is a suggested itinerary
Day 1: Edinburgh
Upon arrival in Edinburgh you will be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to rest and adjust to the jetlag. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Edinburgh
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before your morning city tour of Edinburgh, one of Europe’s “must see” destinations. During the tour you will visit Edinburgh Castle, which dominates the city from its 400-foot rock and where you will see the Scottish crown jewels and the Stone of Destiny. You can also visit the private apartments of Mary Stuart and St. Margaret's Chapel, the oldest building in the city, which dates back to the 11th century. Continuing down the Royal Mile, you will visit Saint Giles’ Cathedral: Founded in the 1100s, it is a triumph of 14th and 15th century architecture with a crown spire that has dominated the Edinburgh skyline for 500 years. It became the church of John Knox during the Reformation and contains memorials to many great Scots, including Robert Louis Stevenson (a novelist, poet and travel writer) and Robert Burns (a Scottish poet and lyricist). Return to the hotel. [B]
Day 3: Edinburgh
Enjoy a full Scottish breakfast at the hotel and take advantage of this free morning to explore the city on your own. Be ready for the afternoon tour that will introduce you to the Scotch Whisky Experience including tasting of the renowned liquor. Take a sensational journey through a replica distillery, before your expert guide imparts the secrets of the Whisky regions. Finally, you'll choose your perfect 'dram', and taste it in the world's largest Whisky collection. Return to the hotel. [B]
Day 4: Edinburgh
After breakfast at the hotel you will be picked-up and transferred to the airport for your next destination. [B]
Note: All included tours may be replaced by private tours with driver/guide
- Round-trip airfare USA-Edinburgh
- Round-trip private transfers
- 3 nights accommodation
- Full Scottish breakfast daily
- Half-day Edinburgh sightseeing tour
- Half-day tour of the Scotch Whisky
- Experience including tasting
- Entrance fees
Not included in tour
- Airport taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Meals not mentioned under inclusions
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Any item not mentioned as “Included”
|The Royal Scots Club||4.5|
|Leonardo Boutique Hotel Simpson||4.5|
|Edinburgh||The Principal Edinburgh George Street||4.5|
|Radisson Blu City Center||4.5|
|Edinburgh||Old Town Chambers||5|
|The Chester Residence||5|
|The Balmoral Hotel||4.5|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of reservation and may be substituted by similar class or better.
Note: Additional nights in Edinburgh available upon request
From: $1,055 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: SCT01EDI21VT
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.