|Purpose:||Relaxation, Culture, Discovery|
|No. of days:||Private Tour: 9 days - 8 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Zurich|
|Other cities:||Gruyeres, Montreux, Lausanne, Zermatt, Lugano, Bellinzona, Giornico|
|Starting cost:||From: $3,295 including airfare|
Day 1: Zurich
Arrival at Zurich airport and transfer to the hotel. The rest of the day is free to spend at your leisure. Accommodation at the hotel.
Day 2: Zurich, Gruyeres, Montreux
Travel from Zurich to Montreux. On the way we stop to visit a local cheese maker in Gruyeres where you learn more about the cheese production. Then visit the Cailler Chocolate Factory with a chocolate tasting. Arrival in Montreux, which is a lovely city located on the shores of Lake Geneva. [B]
Day 3: Montreux (Lausanne)
In the morning city tour of Montreux. Later we continue to visit the wonderful Chillon Castle whose photos are present in almost each of Switzerland’s calendars. Next we go to Lausanne. Lausanne is a picturesque city located on the shores of Lake Geneva surrounded by vineyards. Panoramic city tour and return to Montreux. [B]
Day 4: Montreux, Zermatt
Travel to Zermatt. On our way we pass through the wine area of Sion. Then we continue through the valley of the Rodano River to Täsch. Here you board a train to Zermatt, which is located at the foot of the impressive Mount Cervin. [B]
Day 5: Zermatt
Free day to take an optional tour to the “Matterhorn Glacier Paradise”, board the cable car to the top of the 12,740 feet “little” Matterhorn to enjoy a breathtaking view of Mount Cervin which is located just on the opposite side. A visit to the highest ice palace of the world is going to make this tour an extraordinary experience. [B]
Day 6: Zermatt, Lugano
After breakfast return to Täsch by train. Today the route takes you over the Nufenenpass to later arrive in Lugano, which is located in Ticino, the Italian speaking part of Switzerland. On a walking city tour you can discover this beautiful city and its historic center. Relax at the Mediterranean squares or take a stroll along the boardwalk on the shores of Lake Lugano. [B]
Day 7: Lugano (Verzasca Valley, Ascona)
Tour to the impressive Verzasca Valley, located in the mountains above Lugano. It highlights the dam of Verzasca and the picturesque bridge of “Ponte de Salti” that crosses the magical jade green waters of the river. Continue to Ascona. Stroll through the narrow streets with its old houses, boutiques, restaurants and art galleries. In the afternoon return to Lugano. [B]
Day 8: Lugano, Bellinzona, Giornico, Zurich
After breakfast travel to Bellinzona, the Ticino’s capital. This historic city is well known for its impressive medieval castles that are part of the UNESCO World Heritage. Visit the Castelgrande Castle. On the way back to Zurich stop in Giornico, a city with incredible cultural heritage. The tour ends at the hotel or at the airport in Zurich. [B]
Day 9: Zurich, USA
Have breakfast at your hotel and be ready for the transfer to Zurich Airport for your flight back to the USA. [B]
[B] = Breakfast
- Round-trip airfare USA-Zurich
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 8 nights’ ccommodation in the hotel category of choice:
- Zurich – 2 nights
- Montreux – 2 nights
- Zermatt – 2 Nights
- Lugano – 2 nights
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Visits and excursions as mentioned
- Admission to Chillon Castle and to
- Castelgrande Castle (Bellinzona)
- Visit to a local cheese maker in Gruyeres
- Visit to the Chocolate factory
- Train ticket Täsch-Zermatt-Täsch in 2nd class
- Transportation by car or minivan during the entire tour
- English speaking driver-guide during the entire tour
- All taxes and service fees
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
|Lugano||Novotel Lugano Paradiso||4|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $3,295 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: CH04ZRH21MI
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.