Imperial Cities of Europe
Imperial Cities of Europe
|Purpose:||Relaxation, Culture, History, Culinary|
|No. of days:||9 days - 8 nights, Private Tour|
|First & Last Cities:||Munich, Prague|
|Other cities:||Lake Chiemsee, Berchtesgaden, Salzburg, Lake District, Melk, Krems, Vienna, Budapest, Bratislava, Brno|
|Starting cost:||From: $2,959 including airfare|
Day 1 Munich
Arrival in Munich and transfer to your hotel. In the afternoon visit the city´s main attractions, concluding the tour at the Marienplatz square with its famous clock tower.
Day 2 Munich, Lake Chiemsee, Berchtesgaden, Salzburg
Today we leave for Salzburg. On the way stop at Lake Chiemsee, the „Sea of Bavaria“. Continue to the village of Berchtesgaden and Lake Königssee, a short stop at this idyllic place nestled into majestic mountains. In the afternoon arrival in Salzburg, birthplace of the famous composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Walk through the city. Admire the gardens of Mirabell and enjoy the beautiful views of the fortress of Salzburg, the Cathedral and the Getreidegasse. [B]
Day 3 Salzburg, Lake District, Melk, Krems, Vienna
After breakfast, trip to Vienna. Stop at the beautiful Lakes district of Salzburg. Continue to Melk where you visit the Benedictine Abbey of Melk, the most representative baroque monument of Austria. Boat trip along the most picturesque section of the Danube River. Disembark in Krems and continue the trip to Vienna, the grandiose capital of Austria. [B]
Day 4 Vienna
In the morning sightseeing tour through the city of Vienna. Admire the Opera, the Hofburg
Palace, the Heroes‘ Gate, the Parliament and the Town Hall. The afternoon is free at your leisure. In the evening you can attend a gala dinner accompanied by live classical music (not included). [B]
Day 5 Vienna, Budapest
After breakfast, visit the Schönbrunn Palace, the former summer residence of the Austrian imperial family. Afterwards, we continue the trip to Budapest, the capital of Hungary. The Danube Danube River divides the city into two parts: “Buda“ and “Pest“. In the afternoon, in the part “Buda“ side we visit the royal region of the city. Enjoy the view from Budapest‘s most impressive gazebo, Gellért Hill. [B]
Day 6: Budapest
The day begins with a visit to the major attractions of the “Pest“ area, such as the Heroes‘ Square, the Opera House and the Basilica of St. Stephen. Overnight in Budapest. [B]
Day 7: Budapest, Bratislava, Prague
Today drive from Budapest via Bratislava to Prague. After a walk through Bratislava’s city center we continue towards Prague, the so-called city of the hundred towers.[B]
Day 8 Prague
In the morning, enjoy a walk through the historic city center. Visit the Powder Tower and the Old Square, with its Astronomical Clock. We pass by Charles’s Bridge, where you can enjoy a beautiful view of Prague Castle. Afternoon is free to enjoy the place. In the evening, enjoy a typical Czech dinner accompanied by a folkloric show. [B/D]
Day 9 Prague, USA
Have breakfast at your hotel and be ready for the transfer to Prague Airport for your flight back to the USA. [B]
[B] = Breakfast
- Airfare USA-Munich/Prague-USA
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 8 nights’ accommodation in the hotel category of choice
- Munich – 1 night
- Salzburg – 1 night
- Vienna – 2 nights
- Budapest – 2 nights
- Prague – 2 nights
- Buffet breakfast daily
- 1 dinner
- Visits and excursions as mentioned
- Admission to the Melk Abbey and Schönbrunn Palace
- Boat trip on the river Danube
- Typical Czech dinner accompanied by a folkloric show in Prague
- Transportation by car, minivan or bus during the entire tour
- English speaking tour guide during the entire tour
- Taxes and service fees
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
|Superior Tourist Class|
|Salzburg||Hotel Hofwirt Salzburg||4|
|Budapest||Roombach Hotel Budapest||4.5|
|Munich||Holiday Inn Munich||4|
|Budapest||Novotel Budapest Centrum||4|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $2,959 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: DE05MUC21MT
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.