|Purpose:||Relaxation, Fun, Culture, History, Culinary|
|No. of days:||7 days - 6 nights|
|First & Last Cities:||Munich, Frankfurt|
|Other cities:||Berchtesgaden, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Nuremberg, Bamberg, Bayreuth, WÃ¼rzburg|
|Starting cost:||From: $1,209 including airfare|
Day 1 - Thu: Munich
Arrival to Munich and private transfer to your hotel. The rest of the day is free to spend at your leisure. You can discover the capital of the state of Bavaria, famous for its Oktoberfest, which is annually celebrated in September. Overnight accommodation in Munich.
Day 2 - Fri: Munich
Today you join the rest of the group. We visit the city’s main attractions, concluding the tour at the Marienplatz square with its famous clock tower. Munich, the capital of the state of Bavaria is famous for its Oktoberfest, which is annually celebrated in September. The afternoon is free to explore at your leisure. In the evening, you enjoy a traditional Bavarian dinner. Accommodation at your hotel. [B]
Day 3 - Sat: Munich (Berchtesgaden)
After breakfast, we start our day excursion to Berchtesgaden. Berchtesgaden is a typical traditional Alpine village at the foot of Mount Watzmann. The region’s attractions include the salt mines, Lake Königssee and Obersalzberg with the Eagle’s Nest, once the site of Hitler’s mountain retreat. After a visit to the infamous Eagle’s Nest (depending on the weather conditions), you have time to take a boat tour on Lake Königssee (not included). In the afternoon, we return to Munich. Accommodation at your hotel. [B]
Day 4 - Sun: Munich, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Nuremberg
In the morning we travel to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, one of the oldest and most beautiful cities in Romantic Germany. Sightseeing tour of this lovely medieval town concluding with a Schneeballen (snow ball) tasting, a pastry considered the signature dish of Rothenburg. Next, we travel to Nuremberg. We visit Nuremberg’s historic city center and learn more about its impressive history with a tour of the well-preserved castle, Gothic churches, romantic houses and peaceful squares. Accommodation at your hotel. [B/T]
Day 5 - Mon: Nuremberg
Today we visit the Documentation Center Nazi Party Rally Ground. Still today, the gigantic
remains of buildings in the southern districts of Nuremberg are a reminder of the megalomania of the National Socialist regime. Across eleven square kilometers, a monumental backdrop was to be created for the self-staging of the Nazi Party. Today the unfinished Congress Hall, houses the Documentation Center Nazi Party Rally Grounds. Accommodation at your hotel. [B]
Day 6 - Tue: Nuremberg, Würzburg, Frankfurt
In the morning we travel from Nuremberg to Würzburg. Arrival at Würzburg, a pretty town on the banks of the Main. Enjoy a sightseeing tour of the city. One of the tour highlights is a visit to the Residenz Palace in Würzburg. On the way to Frankfurt we have a brief stop at the Mespelbrunn Castle. Accommodation at your hotel. [B]
Day 7 - Wed: Frankfurt, USA
Have breakfast at your hotel and be ready for the transfer to Munich Airport for your flight back to the USA. [B]
[B] = Breakfast | [B/T] Breakfast and Tasting
- Airfare USA-Munich/Frankfurt-USA
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 6 nights’ accommodation at First Class hotels:
- Munich – 2 nights
- Nuremberg – 2 nights
- Frankfurt – 1 night
- Buffet breakfast daily
- “Snow ball” tasting in Rothenburg
- Admission to the Residence Palace in Würzburg
- Visit of the Eagle’s Nest
- Sightseeing and excursions as described
- Transportation by A/C vehicle
- English speaking tour driver/guide during the entire tour
Not included in tour
- Taxes or surcharges related to airline tickets
- Travel insurance
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Extras and gratuities
- Early check-in, late check-out
- Expenses of personal nature
Hotels in your Tour
|Munich||Eden Hotel Wolff||4.5|
|Frankfurt||Mövenpick Frankfurt City||4.5|
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking
From: $1,209 including airfare
Add-ons available from all US gateways.
Prices are per person and may change without notice
This program can be customized for individuals and groups.
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to adjust the airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
Cities and sites
The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: DE02MUC21MT
- Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
- We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
- Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
- Private arrival and/or departure transfer
- The options suggested in the itinerary will be quoted at time of booking
- If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
- In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
- Booking both air an land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
- We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.