Untamed Tukano Cruise
Untamed Tukano Cruise
Untamed Tukano Cruise
5 days – 4 nights
Negro River, Solimōes River, Apuaú River
Ecotourism, Wellness, Meditation, Relaxation
This program may be operated for pods and small groups
· Departure from Manaus
· Broad vision of Amazon biodiversity (from the meadow region of Solimões River, passing by the dense forest of lower Negro River)
· Photographic safari
· Birds observation
· Water and land trails
· Experience in indigenous and caboclo communities
· Pink river dolphin and Tucuxi observation
Day 1: Manaus
On arrival in Manaus you’ll be met by our representative for a historic tour of the city. Explore the city of Manaus with a dedicated guide on this private tour. Learn about the rubber boom in Brazil and its effects on the history and culture of the city through engaging commentary from your guide. Visit the Negro River Palace, the Manaus Opera House, a transformed park, and the City of Manaus Museum. Peruse the Adolpho Lisboa market, where rows of vendors sell fresh Amazonian fish, local produce, and traditional handicrafts. After the tour you’ll be dropped at your hotel for overnight.
Day2: Manaus (Boarding)
At 8:00 am a representative of the Untamed Amazon Cruise will meet you at your hotel reception for transfer to the Pier to check-in at 8:30 am on the boat for passenger accommodation, welcome drinks and snacks on board. Start of browsing on Rio Negro to the Anavilhanas archipelago, about 50 km above Manaus, where there are approximately 400 islands, hundreds of lakes, rivers, holes and streams that make it the second largest fluvial archipelago in the world. Lunch on board - in the afternoon, departure from motorboat to meet the sustainable community of Tumbira - where they use solar energy to live. Canoe tour at sunset and at night, dinner on board and appetizers. [B/L/D]
Day 3: Negro River
After breakfast, motorized boat tour to visit the rubber plantation museum and learn a little about the golden age of rubber in the Amazon and how the rubber soldiers' daily life was. Lunch on board. Navigation to the large beach for swimming in the river and watching the sunset. Dinner on board. In the evening, we will depart by speedboat for a reconnaissance tour of the area to observe the nightlife. Overnight on board. [B/L/D]
Day 4: Amazon River
Breakfast on board, Departure for a walk in the riverside community, Tumbir, for social action and to get to know the plantations and the Sustainable project of this community. Lunch on board. In the afternoon tour in rowing canoes through the region of Rio Apuaú to get to know a little of about its fauna and flora (possibly observe sniffing monkeys, sloth, millenary tree Sumaúma, amazonian flowers etc ). Sunset in the jungle and night life observation, possible alligator watching. Dinner and overnight on board. [B/L/D]
Day 5: Amazon River, Manaus, USA
Breakfast on board and departure to observe the Amazon dolphins and visit the Tuyuka Indigenous community to discover their culture and crops growing technique. Return to the boat for lunch on board and disembark at 1:00 pm for transfer to the airport. [B/L]
Notes: The itinerary is subject to be change according to the weather situation or the level of the rivers. Day-to-day activities are approximate. The exact order of days and characteristics can be changed due to navigation or other itinerary considerations.
Difficulty: Good health is required. Many travelers can have an enjoyable trip simply by staying aboard the Untamed Amazon and participating in boat tours. Participants of walking tours must be able to walk through two hours on each tour. There are several daily excursions off the boat.
· Airfare New York-Manaus-New York
· Private transfers between airport and hotel and pier
· Accommodation for 4 nights:
o Manaus - 1 night
o Cruise - 3 nights
o Daily breakfast
o 3 lunches
o 3 dinners
· Manaus historical city tour
· Yoga & meditation Classes
· Visit to the Rubber Museum
· Amazon cruise:
o Anavilhanas Archipelago
o Tumbira indigenous community
o Tumbir Island
o Apuaú River
o Tuyuka Indigenous community
o Pink river dolphin and Tucuxi observation
· Private transportation
· English Speaking guides
· Tickets to attractions mentioned
· All hotel taxes
· Airfare taxes and fees
· Travel insurance
· Early check-in, late check-out at hotels
· Services and food not listed in the itinerary
· Beverages during the meals
· Hotel extras, and personal expenses
· Daily tax charged by the Local Convention Bureau at hotels
· Tips for guides, drivers, and in restaurants
Amazon rainforest packing list:
· Waterproof hiking shoes
· Quick-dry clothing
· Long-sleeve shirt
· Long pants
· Strong insect repellent
· Strong sunblock
· Case or protection for your camera and phone
· Personal medication
|Location||Accommodation Name||Room Type||Tripadvisor|
|Amazon||R/V Untamed Amazon||Suite||NR|
Hotel will be confirmed at time of booking
· Prices per passenger and may change without notice
· Extra nights are available upon request.
· Visa is NOT required for US Citizens traveling to Brazil
These programs can be customized for individuals and for groups
Changes to this program may be requested by phone (1855-55-TOURS) or using the web FIT Quote Request
We also be glad to add the necessary airfare from your gateway so you take advantage of our special discounted leisure fares
You may add or remove;
o Trip days
o Cities and sites
· Other options
o The program was designed with private services, however, we may substitute shared sightseeing where available
o If you prefer deluxe services we may operate this program including private driver, private guide and concierge service.
Once we have designed the program the way you want we'll give you a quote within 2 business days.
Tour Code: BR05MAO21LT
· Lunches and dinners can be arranged for individuals, families and groups at top restaurants or any restaurant requested by you.
· We can revise the itinerary to spend more time and provide more depth in those areas that you are interested on.
· Any other changes to the itinerary will be accommodated depending on the facilities available in the area.
· Car can be upgraded upon request
· If you wish to use these programs for your group or as the basis for a customized journey please either call us (1-855-55-TOURS or use the web Group Quote Request.
· In either case our specialists will work with to refine all the details and they will get you a quote with 2 business days. Quotes may be obtained for the air and land portions of just for the lad journey.
· Booking both air and land with us will represent savings for you because of our buying power and longtime relationship with the airlines.
We will also may have the choice between regular fares and special leisure fares not available to the public.
Your Cruise Ship
100% Solar energy
Untamed Amazon is a pioneer in the Amazon in the use of solar energy to supply 100% of the boat's electrical network, replacing diesel generation. The system of solar panels, lithium batteries and inverters is the most advanced in photovoltaic generation technology. The reduction in carbon dioxide emissions is equivalent to planting one tree a day.
The river water is treated by three filtration processes (including reverse osmosis) plus three purification processes (chlorination, UV light and ozone) and distributed pure and potable in the boat. We eliminate plastic water bottles, and in partnership with YETI we offer excellent reusable thermal containers to our customers. The sewage are treated in bio-digesters and transform the residual water that after chlorination returns cleanly to the river.
The cuisine aboard the Untamed Amazon is prepared by international chefs who blend Amazonian ingredients with modern techniques. To accompany our meals, we offer fine wines (stored in a temperature- controlled cellar), local favorite caipirinhas with tropical fruits, and specialty beers.
We offer eight comfortable air-conditioned suites, each with private bathrooms. Our vessels have satellite phones and panoramic windows with extraordinary views of the Amazon. The upper floor has a spacious living and dining room and an open lounge.
· Boat type: sustainable vessel
· Capacity: 16 passengers
· Cabins: 8 double
· Crew: 14 members
· Services: daily laundry
· Social areas: living room, dining room, lounge, 2 jacuzzi
· Length: 28 m / 92 ft
· Width: 7,8 m / 25,6 ft
· Maximum speed: 9 knots
· Year of construction: 2015